Kinds of Resources
In WorldCat Local you can find many types of resources including those listed below:
- Books (print and electronic)
- Articles (from academic journals, magazines, and newspapers)*
- Journal titles (print and electronic)
- DVDs and other videos
- CDs, audio books, and other sound recordings
- Government publications
- Dissertations and theses
- Archival materials**
- Additional miscellaneous items
*WorldCat Local searches a number of article databases by default. You can also add several additional databases to your search by choosing them in the Advanced Search feature.
**Many archival materials owned by Loyola Libraries are not searched in WorldCat Local. Please use Pegasus if you need to do a comprehensive search of our archival materials or if you can't find a particular item.
In August of 2010 Loyola Libraries began offering users WorldCat Local in addition to its Loyola specific resource catalog, Pegasus.
WorldCat Local is a single search engine connected to Loyola Libraries' holdings and the holdings of over 72,000 libraries in over 170 countries.
- It provides a single point of access to over 198 million records in over 470 languages including a wide variety of print and electronic resources, including books, ebooks, theses, scholarly articles, video recordings, maps and more.
- Its faceted-browsing options allows users to easily refine their searches.
- Its simple to print, save, email or export
citations as well as contact a librarian for assistance.
- Loyola Libraries' Interlibrary Loan service is integrated with
the system to easily request items from libraries around the world.
- Social networking tools allow users to create and share lists, write reviews, rate items and more. Users can create personal accounts to save searches, create lists, and track their tags and reviews.