Political Science 102: International Politics: Professor Molly Melin
Researching United States Foreign Policy
Researching Declassified Memos
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
- Website: https://www.foia.gov/
- Since 1967, the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) has provided the public the right to request access to records from any federal agency. It is often described as the law that keeps citizens in the know about their government. Federal agencies are required to disclose any information requested under the FOIA unless it falls under one of nine exemptions which protect interests such as personal privacy, national security, and law enforcement.
- Some FOIA Collections:
Researching International Relations Theories
- U.S. Diplomacy
- Website: http://www.usdiplomacy.org/
- Instructional website on the history, practices, and traditions of U.S. diplomacy from the Association for Diplomatic Studies and training.
- Encyclopedia Britannica
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- Loyola University Libraries