Cook County Crime Blotter - Suburban Cook County is separated by the four districts used by the Cook County Sheriff's Office in responding to police calls. By clicking on any district, you can access basic information about some of the recent calls our officers have handled in that area. This is not a complete list of all calls handled by our officers. Remember that a call for an officer is not indicative of an actual crime being committed nor of an arrest. Many of the crimes listed may remain under investigation.
Cook County Department of Corrections - one of the largest (96 acres) single site county pre-detention facilities in the United States. Primarily holding pre-trial detainees, the Department admits approximately roughly 100,000 detainees annually and averages a daily population of 9,000.
Chicago Police Department the Chicago Police Department's CLEARpath site which offers the community a means to share important information, find the latest news, programs and community oriented services that the Department offers. Includes
- Chicago Crime Database of reported crimes.
- Chicago Police Department - Annual Reports - 1965-2010 Summary data on numerous topics including index, violent and property crime; case clearances; murder; firearms; arrests; City of Chicago population; domestic violence; traffic safety; juveniles; hate crimes; personnel; and calls for service.
- Crime at a Glance by District - summary of index crime statistics from 2000-2009, with additional data on firearm recoveries and enhanced search warrant executions.
- Crimes EveryBlock Chicago - includes where and when each crime occurred, the case number, which primary and secondary "type" each crime falls under (see below) and the type of place where the crime occurred.
- CLEARMAP - enables you to search the Chicago Police Department's database of reported crime. You will be able to see maps, graphs, and tables of reported crime. Can search using an address, by community area, ward, police beat and district and around a school or park.
- Loyola Area on Chicago Crime Map
- Murder Stats Citywide
Chicago Public Schools
- From the Office of Research, Evaluation and Accountability, this site provides reports, surveys and more data on education in the Chicago area.