ILDS bags are used to deliver books between libraries in Illinois. After a student locates books in the stacks, they are marked shipped in ILLiad, charged out in Voyager, banded and put into ILDS bags for delivery. A courrier comes every morning to pick up our outgoing deliveries and drop off incoming bags.
You will pack ILDS bags in the workstation near the ILL office. The pile of books to the left of the computer monitor by the wall will need to be charged out in Voyager, banded, and placed onto the appropriate ILDS shelf. Books by the desk edge will need to be marked shipped in ILLiad, charged out in Voyager, banded, and placed onto the appropriate ILDS shelf. Once this is done, you are ready to pack bags!
1. Go to http://labels.illinoisdelivers.net/. Click on "LABELS" tab. Under the drop down for “Select Your Library,” choose “LUC – Loyola University of Chicago.”
2. Sort all the books on the ILDS Misc. shelf into piles by route. All the books going to the same university should be together, as should books going to public library systems such as XBR or XWH. The books on the shelves above the computer are already pre-sorted.
3. On the ILDS web site: for each route, select the appropriate library or library system from the “Select the Desination” drop down menu, then enter the number of items going into the bag. Click “Add.”
4. Put item aside until bagging, keeping the different routes separate by creating separate or staggered piles.
5. Repeat steps #4 and #5 until all items have been entered into the label system.
6. Click on “Print.” The system will open a PDF of the labels; print one copy. Use the paper cutter to cut the labels apart, then spread out on an empty surface.
7. Take the item(s) for the first route, match to the correct label, and place in bag.
8. Repeat steps #6 and #7 until all items have been matched to their labels and bagged.
9. Print two copies of a shipping manifest by following these steps: