Tabs & Formatting Guidelines
- Each guide will have the following tabs
- Home (1st tab)
- Databases (2nd tab)
- Course Guides (Penultimate tab - only necessary if discipline has course guides)
- Help (Final tab)
- All html boxes should use the default Font Family, which is Arial.
- Size can be changed depending on the needs of the guide.
- Do NOT copy and paste into any type of box. This creates situations of different fonts and formatting which cannot easily be corrected.
- To create a link to a database, follow the procedure outlined below:
- Create box using the Links & Lists Content Box Type
- Click on Add New Link near bottom of box
- Click on Reuse Existing Link tab
- Select Databases guide
- Select database link of your choice
- Click here to see a Jing tutorial on creating links to Databases: http://screencast.com/t/XabS73GdlRqX
- Some individual e-reference titles are located within the Databases guide. If so, follow directions above.
- If the title you are looking for is not located on the Databases guide, please use the permalink in the search, following the same directions listed below for books.
- Links to information on books in the catalog should created using either the Books from the Catalog or Links & Links Content Box Types.
- Click on the Add New Book
- Enter ISBN number from Pegasus record
- Enter URL (permalink) from our search
- Click here to see a Jing tutorial on creating entries in Books from the Catalog content boxes: http://screencast.com/t/6xqtnzYnJ
- The Help tab will be created by either linking out to the Help research guide or by reusing the Home tab on the Need Help research guide.