How can HathiTrust help me with my research and assignments?
- Discover items digitized from libraries around the world. It's like going to dozens of college and university libraries to do research—without leaving your home.
- Find primary sources you need for research papers or projects in HathiTrust's Digital Library. Some key facts about the collection include:
- 51% of the collection is in English, and hundreds of languages are represented, including large amounts of material in German, French, Chinese, Russian, and Spanish
- Texts include items in Language and Literature; Social Sciences; Sciences; the Arts and more.
- Uncover facts from the past in 1.3 million U.S. Federal Documents, including the U.S. Congressional Serial Set, Bureau of Indian Affairs publications, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency publications, and the U.S. Civil Rights Commission, and many other federal divisions.
- Search every word in every book and item in the whole collection using keywords or phrases. Use these searches to discover items on desired topics or themes, identify items for interlibrary loan requests, or to add to your research bibliography.
- Create a bibliography with a few clicks. View of download citations for any item in the collection in MLA or APA format.